Painting Collection


David Urban

Band of Hope

 
b. 1966
Band of Hope,1996
Oil on Canvas
72 x 62 in.

Gift from the Trustees of the Corcoran Gallery of Art

The Corcoran Gallery of Art was one of the first private
museums in the United States, established in 1869 by
William Wilson Corcoran and expanded in 1880 to
include the Corcoran College of Art and Design with the
mission ‘dedicated to art and used solely for the
purpose of encouraging the American genius.’ In 2014,
the Corcoran transferred the college to the George
Washington University and distributed the works from
its Collection to museums and institutions in
Washington, D.C.

Join Our Mailing List